Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Drab to Fab with KsaintP





Drab to Fab with KsaintP
By Ksaintp

As many of you may remember from a previous post, I talked about the loss of my hair after my son was born. How I went through many styles in the growing out phase but none that really worked the way I hoped they would.
In my quest for great hair I found one of Boston's most talented hairdressers.
It's now 2 years later and I finally have not only a great hairdo but color to match.

It's early on Tuesday morning and I am running late. I have already called Christopher to apologize for running behind on time. He has come in on his day off to chat and make me beautiful. He lets me know it's fine and to get there safely.
I arrive 30 minutes late to the salon with hot teas in hand as my offering for his patience. We greet like old friends and the beauty session begins. We talk about what I'm looking for and how we can achieve it. He makes a few suggestions and off we go.
As he primed and primped my tarnished crown, glory would eventually reign as did a great interview.

Meet Christopher Kezik
K: How many years have you been in the business?
C: I have been working for 16 years. I 1st studied at LS Tech in CT, but I have continued to educate myself through the years. I am a teacher as well as a student, traveling and doing trade shows with Aquage.

K: Why did you become a hairdresser?
C: I am naturally a visual artist and for me hair became the medium in which I worked with. I love making my clients feel beautiful.

K: What is your specialty?
C: I am best know for my dress work (up-does) They cost around $100 and can take anywhere from 15-40 minutes, depending on length and thickness of your hair.

K: Advise for the pregnant Mommanista who wants to maintain her personal style pre and post baby.
C: I tell women that you can still color your hair but it's best to keep it off the root. Go with a natural highlight as your hair color may change during the 9 months. As for shape, try a cut that flatters the face and is easy to maintain.
One mistake many women make is wanting a hair cut that's either wrong for their hair and or face. A good stylist will guide the client towards the look they want by not compromising personal style yet effectively making it work. By knowing your face shape you can get better results and find a style that works effortlessly.

K: What is a great product on the market right now that anyone can use?
C: Aquage Silkining Oil, it softens hair from the inside out, protects against blow drying damage, and controls frizz. Can be used daily to add shine and won't discolor the hair like other products on the market. A 4.5 Oz bottle goes for around $35 but you will see dramatic changes.

K: Other then the sidewalk runway where have we seen your work?
C: I have been published in many local Boston magazines such as Improper Bostonian, Bar Stool and a new publication called Spirited just to name a few.

K: Have you won any awards in your field?
C: Yes, in 2009 I was the winner of the Your Beauty Industry Award. Its a prestigious award given for avant-garde work with hair. I created a floor length gown completly out of human hair.

K: Currently you work for Fulham Salon in Newton , MA. Tell me a little about the salon and their services.
C: The salon opened up about 1 & 1/2 years ago and is a sister location of James Joesph salon on Newbury St in Boston. We offer many services from kids cuts to Keratin Treatment. Our salon is fully stocked with 6 full time stylist who all hail from Newbury St's finest. They have all been handpicked for their skills as well as team player ability. We are inspired to work together and learn from each other.
Check us out on City Search for reviews and comments.

During our interview Christopher weaved golden highlights through my tasseled hair allowing my inner style out.
He is a master at color and an artist with scissors.

Check out Christopher and his fellow artist out at Fulham Salon, Newton, MA # 617-340-6360

http://www.fulhamsalon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment