Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Polaroid and Time Zero



Polaroid to me was everything I loved about photography. The in the moment, unscripted nature of the reaction, instant memory maker. As a kid growing up in MA I loved driving by the Polaroid building. It was magic. You knew that in that place something amazing was being created. As an adult it became the beacon for home. Every trip out of state left us waving by to the building and all the people in it. Heading out for an adventure where most certainly a Polaroid would be taken. The building welcomed us home and then she was gone. The film Time Zero, The Last Year Of Polaroid was so wonderful. It reminded me so much of why I love taking pictures on my camera and the joy it brought to millions. The stories from former workers and artist who were all touched by the closing of a landmark all had been touched in the same way I had. Grant Hamilton, brought that warm feeling back. So in honor of Polaroid and the Impossible Project Team we took our 1st Polaroid picture on over 10 years. Thank you to the team that brought this art form back from near extinction.




No comments:

Post a Comment