Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blanche Devereaux R.I.P Rue McClanahan






"When I get older I want to be like the Golden girls." (Me when I was 8 years old.)
Blanche Devereaux, was a sassy Southern Bell with the sharpest charm to match. We would watch her as kids hardly understanding the sexual tongue and cheek remarks made by her and her best friends over a piece of cheese cake. Her Style set the tone of the 80's as did her characters never ending romances.
Though Rue McClanahan was not Blanche it is this character those my age know her best by. Today she joins two other cast members at that big kitchen table in the sky. She will be missed but Blanche will live on in our hearts and TV's for ever.
Wishing her friends and family peace and love at this time.
From on future Golden Girl, I can only hope we all have such great friends to spend our lives with and good cake to make the hurt go away.
<3 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment